Trademark Lawyer – full-time
As a registered Trademark Agent and practicing business lawyer you will play a leading role in our IP Protection activities.
- Prepare and file trademark applications handle ob
jections from the Canadian Trademark Office or others about the registration of international marks appear before the Trademark Opposition Board and advise on proper protection of trademarks in Canada and abroad
- Organize internal and external resources to file trademark applications for our clients in Canada the U.S. the Europe Union and beyond
- Support our sales and client relations team on technical and procedural aspects of the trademark application and management process and ensure related content on our website is clear and accurate
- Explore and advise Witmart senior management on related business areas of IP Protection such as copyright patent and incorporation
- Provide general legal advice and oversight of Witmart’s business relationships and activities
- 3-5 years of trademarks / IP experience
- minimum 3 years experience in general business law matters
- Registered Trademark Agent in at least one of Witmart’s service areas (US Canada and European Union); understanding and experience with trademarks in China will be a plus
- Strong communicator with native fluency in English; understanding of mandarin will be a plus
- Internet literate and business oriented
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Strategic thinker with well-developed analytical skills as well as the ability to break down complicated business service procedures into clearly defined and measureable steps
- Flexible to work or have meetings beyond the normal business hours if necessary
Send your resume to email@example.com
Witmart.com (ZBJ Network Inc.) is the international branch of ZBJ.com a well-recognized crowd-sourcing marketplace with more than 13 million users. Witmart/ZBJ connects millions of SMEs (small and medium sized enterprises) as a one-stop-shop to grow their business. Started in 2006 we are now the largest business service website in China and one of the leading crowd-sourced marketplace sites in the world. Among our fastest growing business service segments is trademark registration and intellectual property rights protections.
Building on the success of our first North American office (Houston Texas) and with the support of our ChongQing headquarters in China Witmart established offices in Toronto that will serve as the ba
The initial program focus of our Toronto office is IP Protection with Trademark Application as the first service in this area. Started in conjunction with legalX and operating out of the MaRS Development District office our local team began offering trademark application services through an innovative business model. Client reception to our approach was outstanding and as a result of the strong growth we are expanding our team!
You will join an energetic and dynamic team aiming to change the way business services are provided to SMEs. With a proven record in China and strong fundamentals built up over the years we position ourselves to be the next Amazon for SME services.
Join us if you have what it takes to be the best of the best.